Sunday 28 November 2010

My recent so called life...

So, since the last September post, other than starting my course, not a lot has been happening really. I have been to a couple of gigs; I saw We Are Scientists, McFly (I went with my sister who is a big fan...), and I will be seeing Paul Weller tonight. Gigs next year so far are Beady Eye, Glee, Kylie, Katy Perry and Take That. Very excited for all of them, next year should be good for gigs.


I’ve seen some good films, The Runaways, which was fantastic. I really admire what Joan Jett and Cherie Currie achieved. I was a little freaked out that they were only 15 or 16 but what they did in the music world, being the first girl punk band, it was a man's world and they burst through it was really interesting. Saw Toy Story 3 as well, which was pretty immense, not as good as the other but still good.

I am still trying to get through my Jackie Kennedy biography; I’m not finding it difficult to read, it is just trying to find time to read that is the problem. It is a really interesting book though, te way her dad was a serial womanizer and put her mum through hell, and yet Jackie knew about J.F. Kennedy’s indiscretions and just let him get away with it. I am only up until to when John is voted in as President and he has already cheated on her loads. It’s funny what some women will put up with for love.

I have a lot of fiction books to read, most of which I have borrowed from friends. Then I need to read the biography on Queen Victoria, which I have had for ages, ever since I saw the Young Victoria and thought she was really influential and interesting.


As Christmas approaches I have noticed an array of Marilyn Monroe books hitting the shelves and they have all gone on my list. People have said that I already have too many, but can I help if new books come out with new things in them!

New article: http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=Cg419Q0ai6N0&PBID=898dcbba-75b6-419a-989f-aa69bed7582e&skip=

I also will have my Weller gig review in the paper tomorrow.

That's all I think, I am going to try and post more often.

So in the words of one of my favourite films "thanks for stopping by."*





*Anchorman in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment