Friday 19 July 2013

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, Montego Bay, Jamaica - July 2013


This time last week I was in Jamaica preparing for my and my boyfriend's friend's wedding.

I was bridesmaid and he was one of the groomsmen. It was the perfect day, the weather was behaving and was just glorious and the day ended with the 16 strong wedding party singing, dancing and drinking on the beach long after the sun went down - amazing!

Coming back home the heat hasn't been much of an issue as in Jamaica it was probably a bit hotter but incredibly humid.

So the holiday, in one word fantastic! This is the first time I have done an all inclusive holiday and traveled to a sunny island out of the EU. Jamaica, what I saw of it, was brilliant, so green. I will admit we didn't leave the resort but the people were just so friendly, always singing and dancing. I really fell in love with the place.

As for the hotel - Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay, it was huge and nothing disappointed. The food was delicious and as we were only there for seven nights we were unable to experience all the nine restaurants. We did try the Caribbean,  Italian and Japanese plus a lobster buffet - in the Japanese they cook on a hot plate and serve up the food direct to your plate, although I'm sure in Japan the cooks don't sing Shaggy and Sean Paul.

The world cafe is a buffet at breakfast and certain days in the week, if you go try out the lobster night, it was great.

In the day coconut water, Jamaican fruit and Jerk chicken stalls do the rounds. I have only tried coconut water once out of a carton but it is so much better direct from the source and the fruit was refreshing after indulging in far too much food. Also I have tried jerk chicken before and it is far spicier in Jamaica.

All inclusive obviously means drinks as well, and the cocktail list were extensive and delicious. A 'We Be Jammin' didn't taste very alcoholic so be warned. Also if you have anything with rum in be careful as the measurements were obviously a bit skewed as they were always really strong. My only regret I didn't have a Bob Marley.

The piano bar is a great place to chill with a cocktail and sing a song or two with the piano man. And Desires nightclub also has a karaoke night a couple of times a week.

The room was so nice and I have never been anywhere where the air con  worked so much we actually moaned a little that the room was too cold.

I loved this place, and can see why so many people were getting married there. It is the perfect place for a holiday, honeymoon or wedding.

I'm now saving up the pennies for my next trip to paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment