Sunday 10 November 2013

Blue, Hammersmith Apollo, London - 22nd October 2013


It has been a while, work has been a little hectic so not had much time to sit and stop with the want to write after doing so all day at work.
However, a quiet weekend means I can write some reviews and updates for the things I have been up to recently.

If you have read my blog or gig reviews on here before then you will know I am a child of the 90s and love my pop music, the cheesier the better, well in my childhood not so much now.
Since becoming an adult I have had the opportunity to see the bands I was unable to when I was a kid e.g. Spice Girls, The Big Reunion (http://onegirlsworld-charlotte.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-big-reunion-hammersmith-apollo.html) and Steps (http://onegirlsworld-charlotte.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/steps-o2-london-19th-april-2012.html)

My sister was a huge Blue fan back in the day and my mum bought us tickets but when we went to go the band split causing my sister a lot of heartache. 

When they reformed, properly, and announced a tour for their new album Roulette my mum bought us a couple of tickets and off we went to the Hammersmith to see the band my sister was obsessed with.

To be honest it took a while for them to come on the stage, about quarter past nine which was ok but not ideal we were lucky as we drove so knew we wouldn't have to leave early to get a train home.

Apart from that the gig was a lot better than I was expecting. They sang live and were brilliant, great voices especially Lee Ryan who can hold a note and can certainly belt them out.

They also danced pulling  out the moves from the old days as well as some new ones for songs from the new album, which was also another surprise.

After the awful Eurovision song I wasn't expecting the new songs to be good and had a real essence of the way they were in their heyday.

Great songs from the new album include Hurt Lovers  and Ayo, and of course they also played crowd favorites One Love, Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours  and Fly By and by the response in the room there was some die hard fans who also seemed to be loving the new album.

This gig was amazing and showed the boys do have stayed power, maybe the break was worth it as their voices and dance moves were top notch and I would definitely see them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment