Thursday 11 March 2010

Total Eclipse of the heart.....

I'm not proud of the fact that I am a Twilight fan, I understand the stigma some twi-hards have, the fact that the majority of them at only 14 years old does deter me from openly claiming to the world that I am a massive twilight fan. But I am.

The books are ok, not the best literary works but the story drags you in and hooks you. You feel involved in the characters and the love they share; however, if you had a boyfriend as obsessive as Edward you probably would have taken a restraining order out on him ages ago.

I didn't think I would get into it as much as I have, at first I just watched the film to see what the fuss was all about and immediately got hooked, it may also be linked to the fact I was a massive Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan so the vampire obsession is deeply rooted in my adolescence.

The books may be quite good but the films are amazing!! Both Twilight and New Moon have a fantastic cast, and brilliant directors. By the looks of the new trailer released for Eclipse it just seems to be getting better and better! I have never been so impatient to see a film in my life but knowing that the US will get it on the 30th June, whereas here in the UK we have to wait until the 9th July makes me want to re-locate for a couple of months at least.

However, I'm not looking forward to Breaking Dawn; the book wasn't great and the ending a total disappointment. I don't think I can handle it over two films, let’s just hope they cut out the rubbish and put it all in one easy film.

It does amaze me the hold the films and books have on people (mainly women) of all ages, there just seems to be something about them, I'm not entirely sure what it could be though? **Edward or Robert Pattinson. **

All I know is that when Eclipse comes out I'll be going to the midnight showing to see it in all its glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment