Monday 19 July 2010

Third time's a charm in the Race for Life

Alot of people already know about the Race for Life, it is the chance for women to walk, run or jog 5 or 10k, whilst raising money for Cancer Research UK.

Most of the women taking part have in some way been affected by cancer, myself included, my Nan had cancer including breast cancer so I do it in memory of her. It is just unbelieveable  how many people have been affected by cancer, it is also quite upsetting when you see young girls who have lost their mums, older ladies who have lost their daughters and people who have lost their nans, sisters or friends. However, there are also the women who have beaten the disease, showing it can be done. At the same time though there is a great friendly feeling amongst the women, we are all there for the same purpose to beat this horrible disease. The atmosphere is great as you walk round you hear a multitude of conversations, about a range of subjects from shopping to housework, moaning about boyfriends, husbands or sons, I'm sure some women also see it as an oppotunity for a good old natter, and who can blame them especially when the sun is shining.

As I have said in the title this is the third time I have done the race for life, as yet though I have not run it maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment