Thursday 23 June 2011

Skin deep

I do love make-up.

I'm mostly about the eyes, I don't wear it day in day out but make a real effort when I go out.

As you know I have a wedding on Sunday and to treat myself I indulged on some make-up. I went to the Body Shop as I saw outside a board about Mineral make-up.

I went in and had a potter and a very helpful sales girl asked me what I was looking for, so I explained that I wanted good coverage but didn't like foundation as it makes me feel like my skin can't breathe and can be a gloppy. She then tried out the new minerals foundation and had me convinced.

It is a powder which you blend in with a foundation brush and it provides even coverage and a flawless finish. It goes to a cream-like finish not thick but light. It is amazing, I wore it all day today and it was great. It is SPF 25 so good for the sun, it is £16 but I think worth it, much better to spend that on something that looks good then £5 for something that gives tide marks and makes you look like an orange.

She matched my skin colour, she did half my face and asked what I liked, I did look weird but I think when buying something like foundation you should ask a make-up person to help  you as even if the shop light isn't natural they can give you a better view that you trying it on your hand (don't do you skin colour is darker on your hand and different texture) or you hurry as you don't want to look like a shoplifter.

I will admit as well I bought a foundation brush, it makes me think if I have the tools I will be able to do the same end result as the shop girl. The brush is so soft.....

That's all I will say on that brush. I will give a review after the wedding as I will be putting it on myself but as far as when she did it was very good.

For those that would like to have a look here is the link....
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_Makeup&CatCode=C_Makeup_Face&prdcode=58039m

No comments:

Post a Comment