Sunday 19 June 2011

Wedding Bells ringing again

I am at the age when people I know or went to school are getting married and settling down. And next weekend is no except, next Sunday one of my closest friends is getting married and I am over the moon, I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle as I have yet to see her dress so it will be a surprise and I know she will be a beautiful bride.

Even though I am excited, I am also a teeny, tiny bit nervous as I am doing a reading. I feel very honoured to be involved but I am very nervous about it as I have not always been a big fan of public speaking. Over the past few months I have gained a lot confidence in going up to people and talking to strangers as in my job if you don't have the confidence to go up to someone then you are in the wrong job. So I feel a little more at ease with talking to a room of people.

I suppose I just feel the pressure of speaking at her wedding as it is a big day. And I really, really, really don't want to ruin it for her. I know the pressure is coming from me, but I just don't want to disappoint. I am reading a bit from Captain Corelli's a beautiful book and I am honoured, truly am to be part of her special day.

It occurred to me today that I might be a mess at the wedding. She is one of my closest and best friends and I know when I see her walking down the aisle I will be a happy crying mess! Waterproof mascara I think.

So wish me luck, I'm sure I will be fine and at the end of the day it will be over before I know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment