Monday 18 July 2011

Everyone loves a wedding... film.

I saw Bridesmaids on Sunday. It is one of the funniest films I have ever seen and very relate-able. As my mum said in life there are always Helen's. If you have seen the film you will know what I mean and you will nod your head in agreement.

It is so funny, there are bits I keep thinking about and I can't help laughing. It isn't too girly I think you could go with your boyfriend and he would enjoy it. It has been dubbed the female Hangover, I do love The Hangover but you laugh at it because you think stupid men, but with Bridesmaids you think 'Oh My God, that is so true' or 'Oh My God that reminds me of that time...'

If you are going expecting Bride Wars or  27 Dresses, you will be mistaken, it is not candy floss it is dark chocolate with yummy bits of caramel to sweeten the deal.

A brilliant girly film and I have a bit of a girl crush now on Kristen Wiig, she has tremendous comic timing and I am surprised at how many films she has been in that I have seen. She is the film producer in Knocked Up, she's Ruth in Paul, and she is in Adventureland, Date Night, she nearly kills Ricky Gervais in Ghost Town and she is in Semi-Pro and Whip it. Amazing comic actress.

Anyway I am going back to my original reason for posting was to talk about wedding movies, although I notice I have a bit of a theme with weddings but then two of my friends did get married in the last year.

Anyway, everyone does love a wedding film right?

Well not quite, everyone likes the classic Four Weddings and a Funeral. But recently there has been an influx of wedding movies we have Wedding Date (not great), Made of Honour (not seen yet), 27 Dresses (great film but a little fluffy) and  Bride Wars (good film but again shows the outrageous craziness of females and the fluffiness of friends).

I think that is my problem with some wedding films, ok we have all heard of Bridezillas but why do films turn women in to paranoid, crazy  monsters when it comes to friends. It turns friends against each other for wanting the best wedding or jealous because friends are getting married. This is not always the case! Yes some people turn into crazy people, but some women just enjoy it.

That is one of the things I liked about Bridesmaids Annie was happy for her friend being engaged but her main problem was worry about losing her friend and things changing not the fact her friend was getting married and her still single and alone.

I do love a good wedding film but I love Bridesmaids it is just refreshing to see a more realistic view of weddings and female friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment