Saturday 9 July 2011

Take That, Wembley Stadium, 2nd July 2011

So last Saturday I fulfilled one of my childhood dreams and actually saw all five members of the greatest boy band ever to grace the world....Take That.

I had seen Take That the four of them when they did the come back tour and saw Robbie on his solo tour in the same year so it was similar to seeing all five, although nothing could compare to actually seeing all five performing together.

The way the show worked was the four lads came out and sung a few songs, the crowd were luke warm, they enjoyed it but as soon as Robbie came out to Let Me Entertain You the place erupted! It was the moment everyone had been waiting for. Take That have done a few tours over the past few years but when you think Robbie's tour was nearly 6 years ago, many fans probably thought they would never see him in concert again. He was on top form, and showed/reminded everyone of the true entertainer he is and he did not disappoint.

After this set Take That reformed the famous five and started with the Flood, with an actual flood on the huge wall with dancers on rope going up and down. All five together was just magical! I knew they would be good but they were better than I expected.

Everything about it was a show, the stage was huge and had a 60ft man who came out and stood up. It was just phenomenal! These boys know how to put on a show.

They also pulled out some of the old dance moves, singing Take That and Party and doing the running man. I was over the moon when Robbie sung Everything Changes and me and my friends sung our hearts out to the classics into Take That branded glow sticks.

There were over 80,000 people there and the atmosphere was just electric! Anyone who is a fan of Take That will just fall in love with the band again.

The band were note perfect and as much as he tried Gary Barlow was still crap at dancing, ala the nineties!

There was a fifteen year wait for this tour and it was worth everyday. I think I appreciated it more now than I would have when I was 10, I did love Take That in their heyday but my first big band were Spice Girls. Saying that Take That were just great!

However, I do have one criticism... ending with Eight Letters... Why? At the end of a concert the audience should be dancing out of the aisles but instead they walked back to the stage shaking people's hands, it was ok but it can't beat ending with Never Forget. Great guys but please don't break with tradition end with Never Forget!

They are off to Milan after Wembley so you will need to go over to Europe. I do love them together but I hope they don't milk the cash cow for too long so we all get fed up with them. But in the mean time... 'come on, come on, come on TAKE THAT AND PARTY!!'

Set List:
Rule The World

Greatest Day
Hold Up A Light
Patience
Shine
Let Me Entertain You
Rock DJ
Come Undone
Feel
Angels
The Flood
SOS
Underground
Machine
Kidz
Pretty Things
Million Love Songs
Babe
Everything Changes
Back For Good
Pray
Love Love
Never Forget
No Regrets
Relight My Fire
Eight Letters





No comments:

Post a Comment