Monday 22 August 2011

How easy is it to become a domestic goddess?

I like the idea of being able to cook. In my relationship I am not the cooker though, if I start to make anything and my boyfriend comes in I will slowly be moved out of the way and before I know it I will be moved near the sink and on washing up duty.

There is something in me that would love to be able to bake a cake, or make a huge meal from scratch but being the accident prone person I am, I do fear that it will turn out like Bridget Jones' dinner party in which she makes marmalade, and blue string soup. I once was cooking Spag bol and managed to set an entire roll of kitchen roll on fire, still to this day I don't know how I managed it. I do get nervous if anyone is in the kitchen as I feel they are watching me but I think left to my own devices I think I would do ok.

I think I have the cleaning bit down but to be able to cook would be good, I would love to knock up a chocolate cake, from start to finish and for it to be edible as well.

I have the 1950s tea dresses so maybe I am half way there to becoming a domestic goddess, if all else fail at least I'll look nice reading a Nigella Lawson cook book, looking like I know what I am doing.

I have recently received my Hummingbird Bakery cupcake book and made the hazelnut and chocolate cupcakes and they were a success really yummy! So I am getting there, woo hoo! But then I don't think it is that easy to be a domestic goddess... only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment