Friday 15 February 2013

Melt my heart cupcakes

Me and my boyfriend decided not to do Valentine's Day this year, just seeing it as a commercial waste of money when everyday should feel like Valentine's when you are in love with someone.

Anyway, I did decide to make some cupcakes for him as I have been off work all week and haven't done any baking.



I made chocolate cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery cupcake book, but with an added twist. I decided to put on top halfway through baking some chocolate hearts in a hope they would melt a little and add some gooey-ness to the cakes. I got the idea while watching Lorraine earlier in the week, the chef made chocolate souffle and put a Lindt chocolate ball in the middle.



They melted a bit but I haven't tried one yet to see if it is still gooey or has got hard when it has cooled. I'm hoping a bit gooey.

I decided to do vanilla icing rather than chocolate and then put pink edible glitter on the cakes with the hearts so people know which is which.

I seem to have conquered the icing, but my cupcakes are never pretty looking but do taste amazing.

Just have to hope the boyfriend likes them.




No comments:

Post a Comment