Wednesday 15 May 2013

McFly, Portsmouth Guildhall, Memory Lane tour - 14 May 2013

Fifth time is a charm for McFly, although every time I have seen them they have been amazing.

The band is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, scary when you think about it as even though they have been doing other things the band has been touring pretty  much every year since they started.

The chemistry of the guys on stage is electric, you can almost imagine them playing in a spare room somewhere and having as much fun as they are performing in front of their fans. I also love with McFly that they haven't really, over the past few years, played big arenas but preferred to stay with the smaller venues which is great for fans.

I think this is probably the second greatest hits/memory lane tour I have been to but then you know the songs and you know what you are getting and can dance your heart out.

They are still my guilty pleasure and I do love them. I hope these boys are still going in another 10 years.

I was near the front for the first time which was great, and Harry threw his drumstick into the crowd which landed very close to me.

Great songs, great atmosphere and a fantastic band.

Set list: 
- Memory Lane
- That Girl
- Star Girl
- Transylvania
- 5 Colours in her hair
- Falling in Love
- Room on the Third Floor
- Obviously
- Corrupted
- Nowhere Left to Run
- Lies
- I'll be Ok
- Bubblewrap
- Smile
- It's Alright/ YMCA/ Don't Worry, Be Happy
- Shine a Light
- One for the Radio
- Memory Lane

Encore
- Love is Easy
- It's All About You
- The Heart Never Lies

The stage with Tom in the corner - 

No comments:

Post a Comment