Wednesday 15 May 2013

Running challenge - Marwell 10k

My running crazy-ness still continues. 

The weekend just gone I took part in the Marwell 10k, which is 6.2 miles. The weekend before I had run 8 miles so I knew I could do it and I think I was taken by idea of running around the zoo.

The reality of the run isn't quite the same. You probably run about 1.5k around the zoo and then leave to run around the village of Owslebury a really pretty little village.

However, it is really, really hilly. I have trained on hills, around where my boyfriend lives but between 4 and 5k was killer, really steep and just goes on forever. 

You then may relax into thinking that hill is it, but at 6k you have to climb another one.

It is a little confusing though as you feel as if you are running away from the zoo and then you are running back into it.

That bit is good though as you come back in the zoo and then you are near the finish line.

I did it in one hour 15 minutes, which I was pretty happy with as it was really hard and I 
thought that time before I knew how bad the hill was.

I would say if you want a challenge do it, but if you just want to tick off another 10k don't as 
it is hard. I'm glad I did it but I won't be doing it again any time soon.

My only run now is the Great South Run again, but I am already eyeing up some 10ks for next year.

What can I say I have the running bug.

And forgot to mention you get to have a look round the zoo after which was good fun, it has 
been years since I visited the zoo and it is great way to cool down.


No comments:

Post a Comment