Wednesday 5 May 2010

Going to the chapel and my friend got married….

So on Saturday I was bridesmaid for one of my oldest and closest friends. It was an amazing day and my friend looked beautiful. I have only been to about three other weddings but I have never been a part of the actual wedding party, so being bridesmaid for my friend was an honour and I felt so proud seeing her up there.

I must admit that I did cry, not, however, when I saw my friend as I had already seen her in the dress, but when I got to the bottom of the altar and saw her husband to be. His face was a mixture of excitement, nerves, happiness and fear, but in with that I could see that he loved my friend and that got me, this wasn’t helped that she had decided to walk down the aisle to Kiss Me from Romeo and Juliet, which is enough to make you cry anyway.

Even though it rained on and off throughout the day, it was still great. All the bridesmaids looked amazing and even though my head hurt due to the amount of Kirby grips keeping my hair in place, it looked fantastic. My make up wasn’t half bad as well, I even got comments on how good it was and people asking who did it, to which I replied the honest answer, myself!

The dress my friend wore was fit for a Princess and the bridesmaid dresses were really gorgeous. Although I did suffer one problem, my shoes. Silver, glittery, 4 inch, peep toes, they looked amazing but didn’t last after the photos, having to stand waiting for photos to be taken meant that my feet were swollen and I was in a lot of pain. As soon as I got into the car the shoes were off, with my feet breathing a sigh of relief, when we got the reception my feet were happy in a pair of leopard print pumps, the dress was floor length so all good.

It was a long day but an amazing one, I’m still beaming now.

PXE4QQ2T9947

No comments:

Post a Comment