Monday 17 May 2010

These Shoes were made for Walking............?

If you have read my blog before you probably already know that I love shoes. I even have a shoe calendar that shows a different pair of shoes every day. I just love them, flat, sandals, platforms, heels all shoes, as long as they are pretty.

I am a very lucky girl as I have a pair of beautiful black, patent, Christian Louboutin's bought for me as a Christmas present from my amazing boyfriend. The heel is about 5 inches and they are pointy toed, their name is Pigalle, this is what they are called I didn't name them that:

(http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48417).

I love them they are my pride and joy, however with most loves there is one snag the title for this post may be these shoes were made for walking, but my Louboutin's I fear are not. Not for long distances anyway, as beautiful as they are, they are very high and cripple my feet. I know celebs are seen wearing them out and about, however, how far do they actually walk? From front door to awaiting car, a waiting car down red carpet, then sit down. Whereas, on the other hand the last time I wore them out for my birthday, I went to the Ritz for Afternoon tea, so I walked from our hotel to the Ritz, then from there to Her Majesty's Theatre to see Phantom (I know I sound spoilt but it was a Christmas and birthday treat, planned to take place on the same day) by which point I was close to tears, but luckily I had a pair of flats on me before my ankles caved in. They still look beautiful and make my legs look slimmer and longer. Sitting down I look elegant, walking I look like Bambi on ice.

I think I can pinpoint the beginning of my fascination with shoes, I am a massive fan of The Wizard of Oz, I watched it a lot when I was a child and still love it to this day. I marvelled at Dorothy's ruby slippers, they were everything I loved (and still love) sparkly, red, and very, very pretty! If I was Dorothy I would not have given them back. The obsession with the ruby slippers means I have a few pairs of shoes emulating the actual ones; I have a pair of red sparkly pumps and a pair of red satin ballerina shoes. I even tried to buy a pair of replicas from Harrods when they were celebrating the films 70th birthday. They were only £29.99 but when I went there I was greeted by shelf after shelf of nothing! I asked the 'nice' girl through gritted teeth when they would get them in, to be told they didn't know, it took all my strength not to push her over nick her ruby slippers off her feet and run off! I have since looked on eBay and they are going for almost ten times as much as the RRP. :(

This obsession with shoes is not helped by one of my favourite shows lead character being equally obsessed with shoes Sex and the City's Carrie, the thought of having an engagement shoe is very tempting to me. Her shoe closet makes me want to cry and the Vogue episode when she found the Mary Jane's makes my heart leap. Sad but true!!

My theory is we need to have loads of shoes, well I do, and I have loads of outfits and need shoes to match them, or at least match my bag. I'm also a firm believer in Party Feet, they are miracle workers! I was sceptical at first but buy a pair every time I buy new shoes, the gel cushion means I can go longer without the soles of my feet killing, now if only I could get something to stop the dull ache caused in other pairs. I may love shoes but most of the shoes I own do not love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment