Sunday 4 September 2011

Something a little fishy

I know this isn't anything new but I have recently had a fish pedicure.

For those of you who have not seen it, you put your feet into a tank of small fish who come and nibble off dead skin leaving your feet feeling soft and supple.

I have always wanted to do it but never had the time or the money to do so, so for my birthday my sister bought me a voucher, which meant that I had a time frame to do so six months and didn't have to pay.

I went in and there were some women giggling and mildly screeching, it did feel me with some apprehension so when I got there with my feet waiting to go in I thought 'this is it, now or never'. What did I do I hear you ask, I just put my feet straight in, no point milking it just get it over and done with.

The sensation was not unpleasant, it felt a bit like pins and needles. But not painful or uncomfortable, like little vibrations all over your feet. It felt strange though when they went between my toes but not awful at all.

You have your feet in for fifteen minutes and then you get a lovely foot rub. They even go up your leg which is very strange.

They say that after one go you notice a subtle change, which I did my feet were softer and some parts looked different, but they say that to get the full effect you need to go quite a few times.

I think I would go again, it is a cheaper thing you can do to pamper yourself, doesn't take all day and is nice and relaxing.

For those of you interested in the details. The fish they use is a garra rufa, a member of the piranha fish which use suction to nibble off the dead skin cells, leaving healthy skin to grow.

Not a very in depth review but if you want it done I would recommend it.






Me with my feet in the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment