Saturday 21 April 2012

Chocolate macaroon...FAIL

After my exploits in Paris and tasting my first macaroon I knew I had some recipes and thought I would give it a go.

I chose the mint chocolate ones from my Great British Bake Off book, but as it was my first time I thought I would leave out the mint part and just do the macaroons and the cream filling.

I mixed all the ingredients for the main part and it looked ok, I piped it all out, put them in the oven.

Now the mixture seemed fine but I didn't realise they would get big so they weren't the same as the smaller ones in Paris.

I piped out about thirty or so which would of made 15, however, I know you should never blame your tools but my oven is shocking, it is either boiling hot or off no in between.

I knew I would have to keep an eye on them. When I thought they were done I pulled them out and left them to cool, however, I burnt the bottom of quite a few...and they were a bit larger than I was hoping.

So, rather then joining them I have left them as is, as to be honest I got fed up with making them so gave up. It took forever!

At least I have tried, and maybe I will try again another time. They are delicious though.

So here are my attempt...


No comments:

Post a Comment