Thursday 26 April 2012

Chocolate Orange cupcakes

I had a week off this week and on my last day I decided to make some chocolate and orange cupcakes.

I used a recipe out of my Primrose bakery cook book.

You use fresh orange juice, orange zest and melted dark chocolate.

After zesting and jucing the orange by hand, my hands did look as if I was applying some sort of Essex style fake tan, I also got orange juice on my t-shirt the one time I decide not to wear my apron. So oranges can be tricky.

I was a little concerned at first as the mixture was like a mousse and I wasn't sure that it would be light enough for a sponge.

They took a bit longer than usual to cook about half an hour whereas usually they take about 15-20 minutes.

However, they came out really well. I personally couldn't taste the orange in them but other people have said they could and how nice they were.

The icing it just chocolate and I had some chopped milk chocolate left over from my failed macaroons so decided to use that on the top just to get rid of it really.

I would recommend these easy to make and a nice change from just chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment