Tuesday 25 September 2012

Run Charlie Run less than five weeks to go

With less than five weeks to go to say I am nervous about the Great South Run is probably an understatement.

I have been running quite a bit with my boyfriend running partner. The other weekend we did nine miles, which was hard but I did it and was really proud of myself, the Great South is ten miles.

We have been running every other day, which has not been ideal as I haven't had time to recover. I do think I have it in my legs and body to do ten miles, but the fear has set in.

Everyone says the crowd will carry me through, I don't mind what time I do it in as long as I finish.

I am enjoying running and aim to do the Great South Run every year to keep it up. It will be nice though relaxing my running schedule. I do like my weekend early morning run though, having the whole day to do what I want, so will probably keep that up.

What is also helping my drive is that I am running for a worthwhile charity - Mind.

If you would like to donate you can here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/runcharlierun

No comments:

Post a Comment