Thursday 13 September 2012

Lady Gaga, Twickenham Stadium, London, 08/09/2012

Better late than never, but here is my half review half gush-fest of Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball.

I have seen Gaga twice already, as support for the Pussycat Dolls just after Just Dance came out and a year or so a go as part of the Monsters Ball.

I love her and know she can put on a show, the Monsters Ball was just £29 for the ticket and Gaga must have run at a loss, this time however, she learnt her lesson and the ticket price almost doubled.

It was well worth it though. Her set was a castle and of course there was a story line which I didn't quite get but it added something else.

The concert from start to finish was phenomenal. Her voice is amazing and when she sung Imagine it was breathtaking, her voice is heavenly and soulful, just her and a piano.

Even though Gaga is a little over the top to some she does love her fans and is very humble thanking them for buying a ticket. To thank them she got some on stage and invited others back tage, now to some you may think it is just all talk but not Gaga I think she is true to her word.

Of course she came on late which meant she finished late and I'm not sure if she didn't include it at all in this tour but she didn't perform Poker Face or Alejandro which was a shame but then you forget how many good songs she does have.

She also spoke about the first time she played record execs Born This Way, they told her it was too 'niche', and with a smirk on her face she said to the audience 'Some f**king niche, I have filled an stadium with a niche'.

She also said 'So many of you here how come the album was a flop?' But my friend was there and didn't have the second album, she had just bought the singles and I do wonder how many other people did the same.

I cannot say how much I love Gaga her brashness and unapologetic nature she is who she is so deal with it. She was 'born this way'.

Every time I see her she gets better and better, it does freak me out though that we are the same age.

Another thing you should mention if you go to a Gaga gig is the audience. Some of Gaga's monsters got all out, there were meat dresses, costumes from the Telephone video and various cover shoots. Most of them were obviously fashion students as I don't think I would be able to make those things but they were fantastic and the girls (and some boys) deserve a round of applause.

It was just a great atmosphere and I haven't sung, laughed and danced so much at a gig in age. Gaga is indeed Queen Monster and just fantastic! All Hail Gaga!

Act I
Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
Government Hooker
Born This Way
Black Jesus - Amen Fashion
Bloody Mary
Bad Romance
Judas

Act II
Fashion Of His Love
Just Dance
LoveGame
Telephone

Act III
Heavy Metal Lover
Bad Kids

Piano Ballads
Hair
Princess Die
Imagine
You & I

Act IV
Electric Chapel
Paparazzi
Scheibe

Act V
The Edge of Glory
Marry the Night

No comments:

Post a Comment