Friday 28 September 2012

The Big Fat Jamaican Wedding

I am at that age where everyone I know is either getting married or having a baby. Facebook feeds full of wedding woe and joy or baby scan pictures.

In the past three years I have been to three full weddings and one reception.

If you had read my blog before you will know I have been a bridesmaid and done a reading. All of which I was honoured to be. The last wedding I went to a couple of weeks ago was of a friend who I have known since infant school, and who I used to play Animals of Farthing Wood with. At this wedding I was asked to be a witness, which out of the three roles was by far the easiest, all I had to do was write my name.

I have felt very honoured to play a part in my friends' special days, I don't think I will do a reading again though in a hurry, too nerve wrecking on a day where you spend the ceremony crying with joy. Bridesmaid is good but a very long day, luckily my friend was no bridezilla so it was a breeze. I would be a witness though in a heartbeat, my name forever on that certificate. This is the last of my friend's weddings really though.

Next year however one of the boyfriend's best friends is getting married...in Jamaica.

It is going to cost a small fortune but I am looking forward to being a proper guest at a wedding not having to worry about my dress, a reading or if I can remember how to spell my name.

The venue looks amazing and we would never choose to go to Jamaica, mainly because of the cost, but I can't wait to see his friend's tie the knot on the end of a dock overlooking the sea.

The wedding is in July so I'm sure this blog will be populated with dilemmas on what I am going to wear and the impending payment dates.

So raise a glass of rum to the Jamaican nuptials.

No comments:

Post a Comment