Thursday 4 July 2013

New job!

I now have a new job. I have moved from the murky world of local newspapers to a magazine job.

I will admit I really enjoyed working for a newspaper, although I never thought I would ever say that.  But you get such a great grounding in everything, from death knocks to court, council meetings to charity stories. It is also a great way to build up your confidence.

So on to my new job I am now a features writer for etc Magazine - http://www.etcmag.net/ and even more exciting it is launching a Hampshire edition in August so I get to write about the county I am proud to call my home.

In my first edition I interviewed Aldo Zilli and Peter Andre. It is great be able to spend time interviewing people and it is so varied. I also met Antonio Carluccio - a cooking legend.

On another note just to plug something, anyone wanting to be a journalist should check out Highbury College who are launching a year course with The News. I did the fast-track 20 week course there and as you know it was hard but so worth it I wouldn't have my dream job if I hadn't attended the course.

Also out of 13 people on the course only a couple didn't get jobs as a journalist, but one does now work for the MET office. People from my course now work at The News, Daily Echo, M&Y News Agency, Rex Features and the BBC, how cool is that.
Check out their website - http://www.highbury.ac.uk/journalism 
Saying that tomorrow I have my NCE exam to be a senior reporter, very nerve wrecking but fingers crossed in a month I will be posting good news! Good luck to anyone else doing it.

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment