Thursday 29 December 2011

Gigs - past, present and future

As 2011 comes to an end I am reflecting back on one of my great loves, live music.

2011 was a pretty good year - Beady Eye, Kylie Minogue, Katy Perry, Wild Beasts, Warpaint, Miles Kane (twice), Glee, Take That with Robbie and Kasabian.

Each very different and brilliant, Katy Perry smelt of strawberries, Kylie Minogue had a water fountain, Glee was OTT, Take That with Robbie was a childhood dream and Kasabian was amazing!

2010 was an amazing year! Gaga, Rihanna, Britney and Beyonce! And those were just the major ones.

So far 2012 is looking promising.

Only two gigs booked in one in February and one in March.

In February at Alexandra Palace in London I will be seeing The Black Eyes. I am beyond excited the album is immense and I have no doubt they will be amazing live.
As support they have Band of Horses, who should also be fantastic.

And in March I will be seeing McFly at Portsmouth Guildhall. This will be my fourth time seeing the band, and they are pretty good live. Always a good atmosphere and just good.

Hopefully I will be adding to this list, especially Lady Gaga, really want to see her again so fingers-crossed!

No-one else I don't think I want to see, but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment