Thursday 3 May 2012

Keep on running

My training for the BUPA Great South Run in about six months is going ok. I think. I'm certainly noticing a difference in my fitness and I'm losing a bit of chubbyness here and there.

I went for a 30 minute run the other day and a 20 minute pretty fast run and I managed to do it without stopping, now a month or so ago I never would of thought I would of been able to do that.

I am doing a training scheme that was in The Times a couple of months ago, interval training, running fast for a minute, then slow then fast.

I think I have found my comfortable speed, so if I can rack up the miles at this speed I should be able to do it.

The only thing is I tend to eat more when I run, but at the end of the day I don't want to lose loads of weight just get fit and be able to accomplish something like a 10 mile run. Although I looked at the route and I do think I have underestimated it all, as it is quite far...

I am running for the charity Mind, one close to my heart which helps people with mental health issues and it a very worthwhile charity. If you would like to donate my page is:


Also if you fancy getting your running shoes on and joining in the Great South Run there are still spaces:

http://www.greatrun.org/events/event.aspx?id=12

So I think I am doing well, but still got 180 or so days to go. Wish  me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment