Monday 14 May 2012

Run Charlie Run! Training

I never thought I would say this but I am fast becoming a runner,.

I used to think the only good reason to run was if you were being chased, which at the time wouldn't of been great for me as I would get out of breathe quickly and have to ask my chaser to hold on a minute while I get my breath back.

However, as you will know if you have read this blog before I have been signed up for the Great South Run, which I will be running for MIND.

I have been running pretty much every other day, I have been feeling a lot better running with a plan in mind, I know how long I have to run for and when.

Over the past week I have been doing 20 and 30 minutes run, I did a 50 minute one the other day and actually surprised myself. The only time I walked was when I got to a hill, which was practically a vertical climb (I'm exaggerating but near the end of a big run jumping up a kerb would be a challenge).
I did surprise my boyfriend though who didn't think I would be able to do the 50 minutes, but then again I didn't either.

I have had a couple of bad runs where I didn't have any motivation and my legs have felt like weights. I wonder if my body has adapted to a certain distance and now as I push further it is changing again which can only be a good thing.

I have also been using a running app called Runtastic, which is just great. It maps where you have been, gives you your average speed and everything so you can see where you have been and if you have been improving so a great push on those tough runs.

But, on Friday I went out for a 60 minute run with the boyfriend, I was up for it, set out and a dark cloud appeared over my head, which meant I was in a foul mood for no apparent reason. It was strangely warm as well, this is the first time in a while that I haven't been running in the rain!

I was just not a happy bunny and would of thrown in the towel if I was on my own but my boyfriend knows I can do it and pushed me forward. I just admit defeat far too easily.

I am starting to panic slightly I still have six months and at the meant I am running about 12 minute miles so would do the run in just over 2 hours, I'm sure I will be ok, I hope so anyway.

Got three runs this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment