Friday 16 November 2012

It's a marathon but not as we know it... The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn Part 2

Yesterday I spent twelve hours in the cinema, watching a total of five films.

If you have read this blog before you will know I am a Twilight fan and as the last film comes out me and my friend decided a while ago to do the marathon and watch all five films.

It started at 2.50pm , Thursday, and ended at 2.10am, Friday.

In between all the films there were interviews with fans and cast members and music videos.

I forgot how good the films are. Also watching them back to back I realised how much Robert Pattinson has aged where Kristen Stewart practically looks the same.

My favourite film is still Eclipse, in it you have action, the love triangle at its worst and Edward proposing what more could you want.

Then at midnight we were welcomed by Breaking Dawn Part Two, and...it was actually pretty good.

I really didn't like the Breaking Dawn book, especially the ending. However, Part one of the film was really good so I had high hopes for part 2 and I wasn't disappointed.

The shortest of the five films it was great to see Bella strong and kicking some butt, in particular Emmett.

It was interesting to get other vampires involved.

Many fans will know that the ending has been changed, and it is a lot better. Stephanie Meyer wrote it so I really don't know why she couldn't have done that ending in the book in the first place.

With the ending I have never heard an audience reaction so loud and surprised than the one I heard in the cinema last night. The audience clapped, cheered, gasped and laughed over the last fifteen minutes which was just amazing.

The atmosphere in the cinema was brilliant, a load of Twihards looking forward to seeing the final instalment. It felt more like an event then just a cinema outing making it all the more special.

The cast were great Mackenzie Foy spookily looks like she could be Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's child. Robert Pattinson has the right amount of brooding to make Edward just as irresistible and Kristen makes an easy transition to vampire.

Imprinting in the film has been kind of glazed over a bit so Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is more like a older caring friend then creepy relative. But Taylor Launter does a great job again of Jacob.

I think my favourite character throughout the films has to be Charlie, Bella's dad played by Billy Burke, great comic timing and just fantastic.

If you are a Twilight fan you will love the film, it delivers on all accounts and with director Bill Condon again who did Part one (and also Dream Girls) it is a great end to the franchise.

The only question left on your lips will be how many times to go see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment