Monday 5 November 2012

Sunshine shorties - biscuit heaven

I have had a couple of days off and even though today is my boyfriend's birthday he is in uni all day so leaving me at a loose end I decided to do a bit of baking.

My first go was sunshine shorties from Lisa Faulkner's cook book Recipes from My Mother for My Daughter.

The recipe is really simple - you melt golden syrup, butter, bicarbonate soda, caster sugar, and water together on the hob. Then take it off the heat and add porridge oats and self-raising flour, mix them together, make teaspoon balls and then cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

I was a little concerned as the mixture was a little tricky and after they were cooking they were a little 'flexible' but after cooling they got harder.

I had a cheeky taste of one and it was delicious! Buttery, sweet and a little piece of heaven.

Also quite nice warm out of the oven.

If you are unsure about if you can bake try these, they are really good and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment