Tuesday 29 June 2010

The R Word...

So tomorrow is my last day at work, the last ten months have flown by and I can't quite believe it will be my last day.


As you can probably gather from the title I was made redundant. It all started in August; I remember it like it was yesterday. Being told that my whole department was being off shored, in one word I was gutted, I felt as if my whole world had fallen apart around me. I loved my job, loved the people I worked with, the company and the place it was based, everything suited me perfectly, until they decided to off shore. It seems now that everyone knows someone who has been made redundant, a year or so ago my boyfriend was, you never really think it will happen to you, you think you are safe, however, that is not always the case.

Over the past ten months it has felt like an emotional rollercoaster; getting over the initial shock of the r-word, then getting back to normal. Then finding out when we were going, how much we were getting, then a sense of normality again with people leaving left, right and centre, then the whole handover process, then the end date. It all feels pretty surreal at the moment and I don't think it has quite sunk in that I am going yet; I am going to miss everyone loads; it’s going to be very strange. But I’m seeing it in the everything happens for a reason mantra, which I suppose is true as in October I am starting a journalism course, which means at the end I will be a qualified journalist. It's going to be tough but I cannot wait.

I suppose all that's left to say is: here's to the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment