Wednesday 22 December 2010

It's Christmas Movie Time

I love Christmas and I love movies so when the festive season comes around the corner, I can get the old favourites out of the cupboard and watch them repeatedly, as everyone knows a good Christmas film never gets old.


I hate to admit this being a movie fan but the other night was the first time I had watched It's a Wonderful Life, the Christmas classic that I have always wanted to watch but never got round to doing so. If you have not seen this film you have to, it is by far one of the best films I have seen, it has a feel good factor with the right amount of drama, comedy and romance to make it a perfect film, let alone a Christmas one.

It is true that a Christmas film never gets old, It's a Wonderful Life came out in 1946 and it is still as fresh and relevant now as it was then. Another great Christmas film is Elf, Will Ferrell and James Caan in a Christmas comedy, yes please!!! The way Buddy the Elf feels about Christmas is the same way I do!

Then of course you have both Home Alone 1 and 2, which can be watched throughout the year but the morals and message are clearly more relevant at Christmas. You also have your other classics such as a White Christmas with the legend that is Bing Crosby singing White Christmas, it’s enough to make you want to get a Santa style outfit and make snow angels!

There are newer Christmas films that I do love, Jingle All the Way is fantastic and so is Christmas with the Kranks. Another favourite is The Santa Clause with Tim Allen, BRILLIANT!! Disney + Christmas= a fantastic Christmas movie.

This blog post is very different from my other ones but its Christmas and if you can't do it now when can you!

Happy Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment