Thursday 2 December 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

As with my first ever post I'm having another snow day.




The snow is one of those things that you really want to happen but when it does you regret wanting it so much. It may look pretty but it causes loads of headaches.


Again, as with the beginning of the year the people and country can't cope. Public transport comes to a halt and everyone is surprised, it does annoy me a little though people moaning about the country going to pot. But then, ok, this is the second time this has happened but the country is not used to this weather. Unlike American and Russia, where this happens every winter, and I know the weather people were on the money with their forecasts, however, on the MET office website yesterday, we were be prepared not take action so I'm sorry if I don't always believe the weather.


I've just seen on the news that the army are helping the police in Portsmouth today, helping them get about. That is the nice thing about the snow; it brings out the community feel in people. Everyone is more willing to talk to neighbours to make sure they are ok, or if people are stuck on motorways in their cars everyone is more socialable.


As I look out the window the snow is still falling I must admit I am still in the happy mood, it is the 2nd December and it just makes me feel Christmassy!! Ask me again in a couple of days though when the cupboards are bare and I'm fed up of not being able to go anywhere.




The big question now is when do I go out, I'll probably take the dog out for a walk, well drag her as she refuses to walk.


Stay safe people and enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment