Thursday 19 January 2012

If you were a child in the 90s you will love Poptastic

I am feeling nostalgic so be prepared for more 90s nostalgia posts.


The thing that has sparked this longing for the past is one of my Christmas presents from my mum, the 3 CD album... Poptastic!


I was born in 1986 and grew up in the 90s so this  CD has all the songs I can remember from my school disco days and I love it!

I remember when pop was cheesy and 'cool', when you used to cut out the lyrics to your favourite songs form Smash Hits magazine, and the only music channels were The Box and MTV.

You would learn all the dance moves to your fave songs and then perform them at the disco.
I remember when Victoria Beckham was known as Victoria Adams and Holly Valance was Flick in Neighbours.

This CD is three CDs of cheesy pop gold. Ok, so they aren't the coolest songs but you can sing along and dance to them. They just don't make pop songs like that anymore.

A lot of the bands on there I saw at Power in Portsmouth and Power in the Park held in Southampton, these were organised by Power FM (now Capital) and included all the best pop acts. I saw Billie, Honeyz, Steps, 5ive, A1 and Gary Barlow at these gigs. All of them (except Gary Barlow) are on the CD.

So to wet your appetite here are just some of the songs featured:
* Wannabe - Spice Girls - Classic!
* Never Ever - All Saints
* Pure and Simple - Hear'say
* Same old Brand new you -  A1
* Life is a Rollercoaster - Ronan Keating
* Bye, Bye, Bye - N*Sync,
* C'est la Vie - B*Witched
* Cleopatra's Theme - Cleopatra

I know all are not particularly cool but classic 90s pop songs. It makes you realise how rubbish pop has become.

So if you were a child in the 90s early 00s you will love, love, love this CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment