Sunday 1 January 2012

January means a new start

It is January 1st and usually I shy away from news years resolutions.

I don't see the point of setting yourself up for a fall on the first day of a new year, however, this year I have changed my mind.

For some unknown reason I have agreed to do a marathon this year...I know! I really don't know what came over me.

This year my boyfriend will be doing his fourth marathon, his first in Paris (the other three were in Stockholm). His fifth will be the Portsmouth Coastal waterside marathon, along the Eastern Road:
'Start time 9am from South Parade Pier Speakers Corner, turn at the end of the Hayling Billy Line theatre.'

I am beyond nervous, although I do have a year to train but I am worried that it will kill me! But then I suppose as long as I finish it in six hours I would be very happy.

26.2 miles! What was I thinking!

The thing is once I set my mind to it I am pretty determined but I know many people won't think I will be able to do it, which makes me want to do it more.

I'm just being stubborn.

As well I am not going to the gym any more as it has got too expensive so I will need something to keep the weight off and my boyfriend lost loads of weight when he started running.

So alongside my quest to be a domestic goddess this blog will also track my marathon training. I am mental!!

To add to my new years resolution obviously baking queen quest is still ongoing.

I guess what I am trying to say is I will be making cakes and running them off.

Wish me luck I think I am going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment