Wednesday 4 January 2012

Sisters...a girl's best friend or your worst nightmare?

I have two sisters, one is 20, the other 21. I get on quite well with them, a lot better now we are older. You do see  in films that people's sisters are either their best friends or they are constantly in competition with each other, I have experienced both not one or the other.

Your sisters know things about you that even your friends probably don't know and that level of trust can be on very thin ice.

I would love for my sisters to be my best friends. I know that they are there for me in times of need, a shoulder to cry on but I cannot imagine revealing my deepest secrets to them. Mainly because they will use it against me, even if they don't mean to, in a heated arguement it gets thrown in your face just for it to be instantly regretted.

Due to their similar ages my sisters are pretty much constantly in competition with each other. Be it hair straighteners, jobs or bags, if one gets a better one you can guarantee the other will get the same. It can be frustrating to watch but to be honest I just glad I am not involved.

You do have to wonder though if you were not sisters would you be friends? It is almost when you are at school some friends you only have really because you are at school and once you leave you lose contact, and it is quite similar with sisters, you are thrown together with your siblings as you kind of have to get on.

I love my sisters, but I do think having two similar in age is not ideal, especially when they decide that you are the weaker one in the pack and descend on picking on you, not fun. It is nice having two friends that I can do stuff with, but sometimes I can't help but think if they weren't my sisters I don't they would be my friends. It may sound like an awful thing to say and I wouldn't change them for the world. But we only have some things in common.

Your sister can be your harshest critic but also your saviour in times of need, I just know that as much as I can't stand to be around them I love them and wouldn't be without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment