Sunday 8 January 2012

Pretty baking with a cherry on top

For Christmas I was given the Great British Bake Off cook book from the series on the BBC, in a hope to help me with my domestic goddess quest.

So first off the bat for me to try was the cherry bakewell cupcakes - using ground almonds, cherries and strawberry jam.

The recipe uses raspberry jam but I bought strawberry. You cut out the middle and fill it with the jam, very yummy.

You couldn't really taste the almonds that much, but the strawberry, sponge and icing made it delicious.

However, I do think I put in too much lemon juice in the icing but I'm still learning. 

Really nice and light cupcakes, also really tasty.

Now I just have to decide what to do next, do I dare move on to pastries and breads?

No comments:

Post a Comment