Sunday 22 July 2012

It's a Rocky Road...recipe

I think my mum has been a little fed up with my baking. She loves the eating but hates the mess and my constant battle with our temperamental oven.

I had seen a couple of recipes for Rocky Road all of which don't include baking so I thought I would give them a go.

This time I strayed from Marian and picked The Hairy Bikers Mum Knows Best book.

Really easy and really sweet, delicious you can cut them into small squares as they are quite rich but went down a storm. Also as the chocolate was a little hot the marshmellows melted a little which was perfect.

Quick also just the time it takes to mix and melt the chocolate easy!



I don't usually do this but thought I would share the recipe.

You will need:
* 3 Mars Bars
* 100g butter
* 5 shortbread fingers
* 140g marshmellows
* 50g Rice Krispies
(I used mini marshmellows not the big ones)

What you do:
* Chop up the Mars Bars and place in a small pan with the butter
* Over a gentle heat melt the butter and Mars Bars
* Break the shortbread into chunks and stir into the mixture
* Stir in the Rice Krispies and marshmellows
* Press the mixture into a lightly oiled 15cm square tin and leave to set in the fridge
* Once set cut into squares turn out and serve
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment