Monday 30 July 2012

It's that time again...macaroons!

My mum requested macaroons so I turned to Marian Keyes again and picked the Tiramisu ones as I had most of the stuff.

It was all going so well, except when I added the almonds it was really dense and I was a little concerned so I added the coffee and it was fine.

I had the circles all drawn out on the baking paper and then when all the mixture was mixed up I didn't pipe or use a spoon I used my hands to roll the mixture into a ball and put on the circles.

When I put them in the oven after the time they had expanded dramatically again, I have a feeling it is my oven that is nuclear and usually burns everything, it cooked them but they were massive.

Also the filling was meant to be mascarpone cheese and coffee. However, they didn't have any in the shop, so I bought some double cream and when I got home I whisked it up and added some sugar and the coffee and made coffee cream.

Rather than tiramisu they were coffee but everyone loved them, even if they aren't quite Paris standard...still! But at least they weren't burnt.

But Marian Keyes is still my macaroon queen.




No comments:

Post a Comment