Thursday 19 July 2012

Red Velvet cupcakes with a difference


I suppose I have always been a little frightened of making red velvet cupcakes, some of the recipes seem very involved and complicated.


Also I have had issues with cream cheese frosting.

However, yet again Marian Keyes is my saviour! Although you have to put in the vanilla essence, white wine vinegar, cocoa powder etc in a particular order and mix in between can seem a little daunting, I thought as it had no icing I would give them a go.

Also no frosting, you make the cream cheese filling bit with the cream cheese and sugar and once you have made the chocolate part you layer them and mix them to get the marble effect.


I was a little unsure but they turned out really nice and were worth the number of bowls to get the different bits.

My cupcakes always turn out massive though but I think everyone appreciates them

Red velvet cupcakes done! Now what's next....




No comments:

Post a Comment