Monday 17 October 2011

My journey to become a domestic goddess

I am off work this week so never fear the blog will get the love and attention it deserves.

So, I am off and I have taken this time to put my saga to become a domestic goddess to the test. Today I am planning to make cottage pie.

Now to any normal cook that sounds like an easy task, for me however, not so. I once managed to set fire to a whole roll of kitchen roll just cooking spag bol, still to this day not sure how it happened. I was cooking mince turned my back to wash my hands, turned back the whole thing was in flames.

Anyway, we won't relive that.

To start me on the right cottage pie track I bought a Hairy Bikers Mum knows Best cook book. Loads of classic recipes. I did think that cottage pie would be fairly easy and I would be able to do it. I will be prepping in a bit so wish me luck and I'm sure that you will hear all about it later on this week.

Also it is my mum's birthday this week and to celebrate she has picked some cupcakes, which I am going to make... my third batch, so keep fingers crossed and I will let you know how I get on. Who knows I may be on my way to being a domestic goddess... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment