Tuesday 25 October 2011

The road to cupcake kingdom is not an easy one

Over the weekend in my baking haze I made another batch of cupcakes.

This time I decided to make strawberry cheesecake. A simple vanilla sponge, with strawberries in the bottom and a cream cheese icing and broken digestive biscuits.



My journey to cupcake heaven was going so well, I had mastered the oven so as to not burn the bottom of my cupcakes while leaving the inside completely raw and had a level of calm when baking.

However, this time I hit a bit of a speed bump. The icing....it was really, really runny! I just think I had put too much cream cheese in or not enough icing sugar. So instead of putting the biscuit on top I mixed it in, it worked in the end not as much icing just a thin layer but still yummy.

Next I am either going to do lemon cupcakes or coconut and pineapple. Not sure which yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment