Sunday 10 March 2013

Delia Smith's Lemon drizzle cake with poppy seeds

Last week I got a copy of Delia's Cakes book for only £7.50 through O2 Priority moments, which was great as it should have been £25.

There are so many cakes in the book, loads of biscuits, cakes, loafs and muffins, and as it is Delia I knew it wouldn't be too difficult.

As it is Mother's Day today I decided to make a cake and picked the lemon drizzle with poppy seed one.

It was really easy to make, you just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and then put in the cake tin.

The only problem I had was to do with my oven. In the centre of the cake it had risen so there was more mixture so the outside had cooked but the middle was still gooey.

This wasn't helped by the fact that we poured a sugar lemon syrup all over it so it made it even wetter. I will admit that this cake has so much sugar in it and on it and it is very lemony but it tastes delicious, would probably make a nice pudding with cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment