Monday 18 March 2013

Film review - Argo

What is Argo all about? Here is what it says on IMDB - A dramatization of the 1980 joint CIA-Canadian secret operation to extract six fugitive American diplomatic personnel out of revolutionary Iran.

At the Oscars it won - Best Film and Best Adapted Screenplay and director Ben Affleck won Best director at the BAFTAs. However, Affleck was not nominated for best director at the Oscars....words escape me.

I had left it until it came out on DVD before seeing it, and I wish I hadn't as it is a brilliant film. More than brilliant, I don't just...I can't describe how good it is. 

I think as well because it is a true story you know if someone dies they actually died. So at the end when they are trying to get the fugitives out I felt so nervous and apprehensive and worried. Concerned for their welfare and willing them to get away. I also wasn't sure if they did get away as I hadn't read up on it so I was even more nervous and felt like crying at the end, just really emotional.

This is a no messing film it just gets down to business. It isn't over dramatic and doesn't drag, it just gets on with it.

Ben Affleck as always is great but I loved Alan Arkin, I think he is a splendid actor and was so good in Little Miss Sunshine. He has great comic timing and gets a lot of laughs. John Goodman is fantastic as well.

I don't know what else to say as I don't want to give away too much, but you should watch it as it is an amazing film.

It is such an emotional rollercoaster of a film and really deserves all the awards it has won. 


No comments:

Post a Comment