Sunday 27 March 2011

And now, the end is near.....

I have never known twenty weeks to go so quickly, but now I face the final curtain (and exam).


All but one of my exams is done (dreaded 100 words a minute shorthand). Last week was hectic, the law exam on Monday was horrendous, I know law pretty well and felt confident going in, but then I saw the paper. It was awful it felt like everything I knew didn't come up. Tuesday, was the reporting exam, which was surprisingly ok. Then on Wednesday it was all about public affairs and it was really good. If someone had said the week before law would be awful and public affairs would be good I would never have believed them.

Revising for public affairs has ignited my interest in politics. During my revision I became engrossed in BBC Parliament, watching all the Lords and MPs arguing in the House of Commons was just fascinating.

Friday I had another interview at the West Sussex County Times in Horsham. A lovely paper that I would be more than happy to work for, they have two positions so fingers crossed! Tomorrow I am off to Worthing to do a day placement at the Worthing Herald, who also has a job vacancy. I just have to wait and see what happens. I must admit not getting the other job, really knocked my confidence, I thought if someone who knew what I could do didn't want to employ me why would anyone else? But I tried my best and if they don't want to employ me then there is just something out there waiting for me.

I have been applying for internships at magazines as well, to see what happens. Everything happens for a reason and I am happy to embrace that.









1 comment:

  1. WOW! nice blog.

    check out mine? www.electricbrandon.com

    follow it if you're into photography. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete