Sunday 20 March 2011

The Nails are Inc....

I am a huge nail varnish fan. If my nails have no polish on them, I feel completely naked. Looking at my nails when they are pink and bare makes me feel not as confident, I need a pearly pink or a shocking blue to give me the confidence to pull me through.


As I have said previously I love Nails Inc, Barry M, OPI, and Rimmel.

At the moment I am rocking Nails Inc Magnum chocolate brown. I love it; it has flecks of gold in it, which makes it look glam rather than grimy.

Sometimes I can find black a bit too much so I try and use blood red, navy blue or a dark purple to get the darkness without the harshness of black.

In the past I have had a Minx nail wrap on my nails. They can range from leopard print, to checker board; they baffle people who cannot figure out how you can paint something on your nails like that. They are heated up so the glue becomes tacky and then placed on the nail, they are then filed to the shape of your nail. They can last between two to six weeks. (http://www.minxnails.com/dnn/) In salons they can be expensive but are worth it if they last and look fab

For print effect from varnish I have mentioned previously about the Barry M effect where you paint it over a colour and then it cracks. OPI and Topshop both have their own versions, but Barry M is one of the best.

When it comes to Glitter, you cannot beat OPI. I have one that came out when Burlesque was out. Katy Perry has brought out a range as well, that include the crackle effect and glitter. Two coats of the glitter polish and it looks amazing. So sparkly they don't look like polish it looks like a wrap, bright and colourful. (http://www.opi.com/) It isn’t so nice to take off though, if you use cotton wool it can stick.

One new trend I have noticed recently is marbling effect, as seen on stars such as Jessie J. One way I have seen in magazines which I will share if you want the same effect is the following:

* Apply a base coat and then a couple of coats of white nail polish
* Wait for it to dry
* Drop a blob of colour into warm water
* Add a second colour
* Swirl with a cocktail stick
* Dip your finger in and pull out to create the marble effect
* Clear up any edges
* Wait to dry and coat with a top coat.
I will admit I have yet to try it but once I have I will let you know. Also if you do it before I post, let me know!!

I love Spring time, it means all the pastel colours come back in. From yellows, oranges, lilacs and pinks. Sorbets are big again in make-up so get down to Boots and stock up if Barry M if it is two for £5 again. So put some of the more Goth colours away for the Spring time, don't worry they are fine for a night time look but get fun and flirty with ice cream shades.

I have seen in shops that Revlon have released colours that smell fruity for up to five days! They are called Scents of Summer and cost £6.49, you can get melon, coconut, papaya and passion fruit. YUMMY!

Another tip this season is pearly colours, leading the way at Chanel (where else, Coco was a fan of pearls). So from Oyster pinks to Oyster whites, get in on the pearl.

There are loads of options to save your nails. Just make sure you keep them healthy. Sally Hensen Nail Hardener is a god-send.

The Nails are indeed it!



No comments:

Post a Comment