Saturday 19 March 2011

Beady Eye, 9th March 2011, Troxy London

I realised the other day I hadn't done a Beady Eye review so here it is.


Beady Eye is the new band from Manchester singer and Oasis front man Liam Gallagher. The band have a more sixties vibe and the songs are more upbeat than Oasis.


The band opened with the fantastic Four Letter Word and played a host of songs from the album Same Gear, Still Speeding, including the brilliant Bring on the Light, it is such a fantastic up-beat song that I couldn't imagine Oasis playing.


Liam is a phenomenal front-man and has a stage presence and swagger like no other. I have seen him perform in Oasis, not long before the split, and he seemed a lot more relaxed and I suppose happy in his own Liam way. He didn't just storm off and dare I say it seemed to enjoy performing something that I don't think he did really near the end of Oasis. I will admit though Liam doesn't talk much to the crowd but when he does he makes it worth it. At the end he said "I'll see you again soon.... if I can be arsed."


Beady Eye were supporting by Miles Kane of The Last Shadow Puppets, he is the other guy with Alex Turner from the Arctic Monkey's. Mile's new song Closer is excellent if you haven't heard it check it out, he played a slightly different mix but his voice carries and he can fill a room. I predict big things for Miles this year. This is his year to break out and show the world what a great singer he is.


Not really a comprehensive review but Beady Eye are an amazing band and will be here for as long as Liam and the other want to do it.


Another mention should also go to the venue, Troxy in London. It is a 1930s art deco building. It retains most of its original art-deco features and it just beautiful as a venue. It looks like it used to be a theatre and is huge. I love that it has it original features and hasn't been ripped apart, as the venue I thinks can hold music. It reminds me of Bournemouth Academy, which is another fantastic venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment