Sunday 6 March 2011

Looking at the future

As the end of my course approaches I have to decide what I want to do with my future. Where do I want to go? Where do I want to work? Do I want to move? How far am I willing to go?




I know more than anything I want to be a journalist. My work placements have made me realise how much I want to work for a weekly paper, I enjoy feature writing and of course writing this blog. Journalism is coursing through my veins and is one of my passions.


I just wonder how prepared I am to move. I suppose it depends on the paper and the job. I don't want to up-root my life for the sake of a horrible paper and an even worse job. I suppose I am a bit of a homebody, but for the right job I think I would have to consider it.


I have never known anyone to actually do it though. I have read the "I love..New York...LA" books and about to read "I love Paris", in the series a woman finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her at her friend’s wedding and she does what any rational woman would runs off to New York in a pair of Louboutin heels and her bridesmaid dress and not much else. She created a new life for herself as a blogger and column writer. I am sure this does not happen in the real world that people go to a foreign country and are lucky enough to forge a new and exciting career.


I suppose as for my future in journalism I have applied to some local papers including the one I did my work placement at, so fingers-crossed and let’s see what happens.


The life of a journalist is exciting and varied and I do not regret for a second choosing this career path.

No comments:

Post a Comment