Friday 4 March 2011

BFF vs BF

I have been wondering a lot of things recently but the one thing that keeps coming to the forefront of my mind is... does it matter if your friends like your boyfriend?


Obviously they won't (or shouldn't) like him as much as you, that would be just weird, but should they like him a little bit if at all.


I read in Grazia a few weeks ago about a girl who hated her best friend's boyfriend with a passion, not dislike, hate. She thought he was no good, thought too highly of himself, was a major flirt and had the tendency to put her friend down. Now those things if your friend’s boyfriend were doing to your friend seem justifiable, however, the friend still was with her boyfriend even after her best mate had raised her concerns.


I don't know if they do but I really hope none of my friends hate my boyfriend, but then I wonder does it matter if they like him. It is a challenging question on some levels, as of course you want your friends and boyfriend to get on so that you can go out together without it being awkward and you having to play referee. However, I wonder if one of my friends were to say I really don't like him, what I would do. I've been with him for five years, so it's a bit late for me to go 'Well if that's the case I'll get rid', as the emotional attachment is already there and he is a huge part of my life. But then the thought of it twists in my stomach, a range of questions may whizz through my head as to why. I sometimes think at the end of the day not one of your friends will know your boyfriend as well as you do, so go with your gut instinct.


Don't get me wrong at the start of the relationship a friends advice can be invaluable as you are blinded by a new romance, but even then I wonder if a friend had told me that they didn't like the new boyfriend would bin him???


Questions, questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment