Tuesday 26 April 2011

Bad boy gone good? Hang on, no still bad...ah well!

Bad boys.... we all know one, the guy you shouldn't be with but can't help it. There is just something about him, obviously first thing he's undeniably good looking. He's a bit of a rebel or a bad boy. Or some guys aren't really bad boys but just not very nice boys.

I had one relationship where the guy dropped me when he felt like it. But then because I was an idiot, also younger and not well informed, I was always waiting at the end of the phone for him to ring me. So when he realised he couldn't 'live' without me, or what was actually the case he was bored and knew I would be there at a drop of a hat.

I like to live with the idea that everything happens for a reason but also that I hate the 'what if' living always thinking 'oh if only'. This stupidity when it came to him made me go back to  again and again, against my better judgement.  This guy was not a tortured bad boy just a not very nice one.

You always think that you will learn from your mistakes but I know friends who have gone from one bad guy to another or to the same one because they think they can change him or that he may be the one. Most of the time this is not the case, most of the time if he's hurt you once and is an arse, he will probably hurt you again and will always be an arse. 

I think the boomerang effect must be some sort of disease, you see it all the time sensible, seemingly normal girls going back again and again. Most of the time people have feelings, you fall head over heels for a guy, you think that you cannot be without him. He is your first, your last, your everything. You can't think what your life would be like without him, so you keep going back to this apparently reformed character, only for a few months later the normal him resumes. Just think there was a before him and if it's not meant to be there will be an after him.

Although I do think even the good guys have a bit of a bad boy in them. There may be moments when he treats you like poop, so I suppose you have to decide if it is worth the hassle. I will admit boys can be arses, they don't get it sometimes they say something not quite realising what it will sound like to the fairer sex. Us girls think a lot about what we say and the way we say it. We know our words can hurt, so we always think if this is what we want to do, and I will admit sometimes it is and some girls do make snide comments to hurt, but the point is we know we are doing it. Boys on the other hand sometimes don't think it through and wonder why they have a crying mess in front of them.


Bad boys come in all shapes and sizes, I think the safest ones to like are celebrities. Russell Brand pre-Katy was a bad boy, some girls find Pete Doherty strangely attractive and it must be that he's been arrested and of course if Kate Moss (who went out with Johnny Depp) thinks he is good looking then there must be something about him.

The main thing with bad boys is that we feel we can change them, they are a challenge and girls love a challenge. Just make sure that these boys don't make you a broken hearted girl, because these guys are not worth your tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment