Sunday 3 April 2011

I Love Lily Allen

Just watching the last episode of Channel 4's Lily Allen: From Riches to Rags. I love Lily Allen I have seen her twice and she is just amazing.


I think her songs resonate with young women, who hasn't listened to Not Fair and said "I know that feeling", her songs make a lot of sense to me and I think she is the voice of the next generation of women.


As I have said I have seen her twice in Bournemouth and Southampton for the It's Not Me, It's You album. She is amazing live and has a fantastic voice. In one gig she even had a Guinness pump on stage so that people on the front who had secured a place could still get a drink. She also performed Britney's Womanizer, which was just brilliant live. I hope she comes back to performing.


Watching From Riches to Rags shows a side to Lily that you don't get to see when she performs on stage or is interviewed. I think that on the show with her sister she has let her guard down. I just think there is a vulnerability to her and my heart just breaks watching the last episode when she talks about her miscarriage. I know I don't know her and never probably will but being of a similar age to her (she is about a year older than me) her songs resonate with me and I suppose there is just something about her which makes me feel a connection. I just love the fact she is so honest and she has put up with so much shit over the years. I know I cannot comment because I don't know her but I think she is an amazing woman and is very influential.




I feel she is a reluctant celebrity, she sung and performed because she wanted to. She is doing the shop because she wants to. I love the fact her and her sister Sarah argue, like normal sisters do. I also love that she isn't a kiss arse she says what she feels about who she feels it about.


At 25 she has gone through a lot and I really look up to her, ok she can come across as a bit spoilt but she is an amazing woman and seems like a really nice person, I just love Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment