Tuesday 12 April 2011

Kylie Minogue, The O2, London, 8th April 2011

*** SPOILER *** If you are seeing Kylie and don't want to know any details do not read on!!!


Right you have been warned...


This is the third time I have seen Kylie but only the second tour, this time it was the Aphrodite: Les Folies tour and from the on-set it looked as if no expense had been spared. Reportedly £15 million was spent on the show, and with costumes from Dolce and Gabbana it was well worth the money.


The show opened with Aphrodite, the graphics on the background was of people swimming under water and was very realistic, it felt as if they would fall through at any moment.


The set was one of a Greek theatre and this show was full of drama.




I'm not sure if it was because there was standing and I was in the standing part but this tour felt more like a party than the X2008 tour. It seemed as if Kylie was a lot more relaxed and really enjoyed herself, although during one song it looked as if she was crying but with happiness I hope, maybe it was the nice sunny weather making her feel at home.


As well as a lot of songs from the new album Aphrodite, she played her all time classics that got the crowd singing and dancing.


The crowd danced the whole time but more so when she performed classics such as What do I have to do, Better the Devil you know and my all time favourite Confide in Me.  I have never heard her sing it live, but it was amazing. My other favourite Kylie song is Love at First Sight, however, this time she mixed it with Can't beat the feeling, I will admit I didn't like it that much, so I was a little disappointed.


The sets and videos were fantastic, she truly is a creative genius! Everything is planned to the last detail and makes the show amazing. Kylie also has an amazing singing voice, during a brief interlude she took a request from the audience and sung Hand on my Heart, she got it wrong the first time but on the second try it was fantastic.


For Cupid Boy Kylie had a video featuring her gorgeous boyfriend Andres Velencoso (above)... you can see why.... GORGEOUS!! If I couldn't see my boyfriend every night what better way to set a remind then huge screens.


Kylie also was visited by a angel during the set during her own song Looking for an Angel, which was followed by Eurythmics' There Must Be an Angel, it was heavenly!
Nearing on two hours she sung and danced her heart out with the help of backing singers Roxy and Lucy. She is truly exceptional. The whole atmosphere was just amazing, it was a true party feeling. People even were dancing on their way out, although very reluctantly (leaving not dancing).


The finale.... well what can I say, she finished with All The Lovers, but I heard that some tickets were for a Splash Zone and we soon found out why. She has streams of water shooting up from the stage and during the song people were up dancing on ropes above her head and the stage came out like a fountain. It was fantastic. Here is someones video on YouTube.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfxlhjgUhzU






If you have never seen Kylie but get the opportunity to, DO! She's called the showgirl for a reason and I really think she should claim her crown off Madonna and be crowed the true Queen of Pop.






All photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment