Friday 25 November 2011

Blood, sweat and tears...all in the name of competition

As I am fast becoming a bit of a foodie obsessive, watching any food programme I can turn over to, including Great British Bake Off and Masterchef I love the drama of the programme and that 'normal' people can do well.

I know I am not a great cook, I am enthusiastic and do try but I love watching these programmes.

Family members have commented that I should apply for BBC's Great British Bake Off as I have a new found passion for baking. However, I do not think my nerves could take being on a TV competition like that, or any of those cooking competitions. The pressure, the fear and the nerves, I think I would spend most of the time sat in a corner crying.

My job can be pressurised, getting things done on time but in that realm I have a level of understanding that I know what I am doing. But in a Masterchef kitchen being shouted at by a chef would make me either storm off, I don't kindly to being shouted out and strop, or cry,

I can't see how someone shouting at you can make you produce the best, it would make me a bag of nerves and fail!

I can, also, be clumsy, I burnt my hand the other day when I cooked cottage pie. I'm just a touch on the clumsy side especially if nervous, so if I did those competitions it would literally be blood, sweat and tears.


Also as a cook I am a very much a read recipe and follow, so on Bake Off when there are no instructions or just basics ones I would not do so well. My boyfriend on the other hand has a great flavour for recipes he can make something out of nothing and he can taste something and know exactly what to put in it, not me but then I would never enter something like that, just for my sanity really.
 
Finally, I am glad Jo won Bake Off, as out of all the bakers she was the one I related most to.

No comments:

Post a Comment